Good evening, my name is Shannon Hamm. This is my third time testifying about why a middle school in Rock Creek Hills Park is a bad decision.
The site selection advisory committee process is broken.
- The report does not reflect facts nor was it conducted in a fair and open process.
- You did not send it to MNCPPC for a mandatory referral as required.
The Feasibility advisory committee process is underway.
- It does not have the proper representation, which includes MNCPPC and Department of Transportation.
- It needs an impartial facilitator, one that does not interject his opinions.
- It needs minutes appropriately recorded by an independent court reporter.
Rock Creek Hills Park is 13.38 acres.
- It would be the smallest middle school in Montgomery County without an adjacent park.
- That will ensure it will be inadequate with respect to Westland and all other middle schools in Montgomery County.
It is clear that the quality of education is not driving this decision.
- What is driving this decision is the fear of a building moratorium.
Shame on all of you for being on the Board of Education and putting development first. Shame on me for not paying attention to your poor record as the BOE. My eyes are wide open.
I am advocating for great schools in great locations.
Stop the Feasibility and Re-open the Site Section Process – Make the Right Decision.